Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Preemie Project

"Heart of the Hawkeyes!"

This little crocheted heart blanket and knitted spiral hat and booties created the theme of my blog address. I have been knitting and crocheting for The Preemie Project in Iowa City during the past year which was also my last year of teaching middle school instrumental music at Cedar Rapids Prairie. I played along with the students' lessons at school and now need to keep my fingers doing something! I can't remember when I learned to knit and crochet, but I still have a knitted hat, mitten and scarf set that my Babi made me years ago~! I really enjoy making things for family and friends. As I work thru this blog, I will add pics of items I've made.
These are the 13 Hawkeye hat/bootie sets I made this past fall for the Sept '06 donation to UIHC in Iowa City. I really had fun trying to make each set different!

No comments: