Friday, June 22, 2007

Fairisle stitching...


I am taking a Fairisle knitting class and this was my 2-week assignment!! We had to design our own stocking and knit 2-color for at least 10" before we work on the heel. My husband's "CUB" stocking has red, white, blue plus Christmas green/varigated. My white yarn was smaller than the blue, thus it lets the blue peek which I don't like, but am NOT going to frog!! I made the bear pattern myself and tried to copy a batter I found on the internet. There are baseballs w/stitching in between the bear & batter. We use worsted weight which is a little trying on my wrists.

I finished his so early (in a couple of days!) so I started the first of 6 for my g'kids!! Greta had a short name and doesn't have a stocking, so she was first! These are the colors in her bedroom. Below the girls I put Regina w/small crown (Regina Regals' school symbol). These are so fun!

3 comments:

Denblyviol said...

Hej Linda. It is nice to see your Fair Isle swatch. Thank you for looking at your nice blog. I have put you in bloglines. Irene from Denmark.www.denblyviol.blogspot.com

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great job on the stockings! I really like the colours in Greta's!

MiRM said...

I love the colors and the bear pattern is adorable. Wonderful work!