Thursday, January 18, 2007

Christmas Stockings~~


And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care . . .

-The Night Before Christmas, Clement Clarke Moore
I'm up late, can't get to sleep, having fun with this blog, reading other knitting blogs, getting ideas, seeing what a vast array of knitting is being done!! This was my first attempt (Dec 6,'06) at using db pt needles from a new book of Christmas stockings. Actually, I was making a 'pint-sized' ski sweater! I will probably give it to Coco for one of her dolls! I saw an idea for next Christmas (or for charitable purpose)~~now that I've learned to skeet (sp?) from watching Knitty Gritty a lot lately!! Find old sweaters and make Christmas stockings (lined??) for kids who would probably never have one in their life! I can't beleive how many knitters make socks! I hope I can teach myself how to do that this year!

No comments: